Contributors

Friday, May 20, 2011

Money Saving Problems

Taking on the Anthroholic Shopping Ban was pretty much a no brainer for me. Not that I spend a lot, but that since starting this blog I have changed my shopping habit a lot. I'm a lot more critical about what I buy, and I would rather just save money. But for some reason, even with this ban and being more mindful of my money, I can't seem to find where our money is leaking. My husband and I make a decent amount, but we never save quite enough at the end of the month towards the future home we plan to buy. Furthermore, there are all these expenses coming up that I really don't know how to curb.

  • We're taking a family vacation to Paris soon, and that has been in the works for YEARS. It's the trip my parents planned for Tazy's 16th birthday, and I can't imagine missing out on her trip to the place she's been dreaming about seeing since she was 12.
  • It's Graduation season, which means presents. I don't want to look like a cheapskate ... but Bengali ppl have really rich tastes, and judge you based on what you spent instead of the thought behind it.
  • My husband has taken on this diet for the past 5 months which has worked great for him ... but hasn't been great on the wallet. Groceries get kinda expensive when you refuse to eat any carbohydrates. Carbs are cheap, and I would rather gorge myself on peanut butter sandwiches until we can afford a home than have to borrow money. But that isn't really a choice for him ...
  • Because my husband is on this diet I have been on this diet too ... which means like my husband I've lost weight ... which means my clothes are starting to not fit. I tend to shop for things my sister and I can both wear, but now I've lost a lot of bulk and stuff just doesn't look good on me. And even though I'm on this shopping ban, sometime in the near future I'm going to have to rehash my wardrobe before I get criticized for wearing t-shirts and jeans to work everyday when nothing else fits. Same goes for hubby ... he needs new clothes too so he doesn't look like he only owns clothes that fall of of him. Hopefully taking sewing lessons in July will help in elongating the life of our over-sized clothes.
Ok, I'm done whining now ... on with my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment