Monday, January 30, 2012
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
I'm not a big fan of New Year's Resolutions, only because I forget about them after 2 weeks and then never re-address them after the year is up. The last time I set New Years' Resolutions was like, 2009, so I'm little tentative, but I'm going to try. Here are my New Year's Resolutions:
1. By far the most common goal set by Americans- lose 17 pounds. I don't care what anyone says about this, honestly- I'm well out of the healthy weight range for my height and age, and I need to once and for all try and feel better about myself.
2. Be happier- like one of my favorite YouTubers always says, "Choose happiness over anger"- I'm amazingly bad at this- I love to get angry and stay that way, so I have to learn to let it go-and even if I really do have a good reason to be angry, to at least pretend to be happy in school or in public.
3. Get a part-time summer job- a lot of kids my age are starting to get jobs working in the mall or something like that, and so I figure it's about time that I do the same- I need at least some kind of work experience before college.
4. Fix my skin problems- I've been suffering from disgusting eczema and rashes for as long as I can remember, and I'm so tired of it.
5. Strengthen my knee- since 2010, I have dislocated my knee, broke a little piece off my patella, and gotten a surgery for it, and my knee has just felt unstable ever since, and I'm so tired of being afraid of doing anything, especially exercise.
6. Post a YouTube Video at least once every week during the summer- I love YouTube so much, but I never have the motivation or courage to put myself out there and really get involved with the community (I mostly admire from afar), so this summer I want to explore my hobby of making videos and see if maybe I can make some new YouTube friends :)
That's all of the goals I can think of, or that I dare to set right now, considering that I am pretty much positive I will achieve none of these goals. Here's to hoping that 2012 is better than 2011.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
- Learn to figure skate ... again
- Learn French so I can hold a conversation with Tazy
- Get my Etsy store up and running
- work on becoming a beach bunny :-P
- which means i need to get over my fear of large bodies of water ... and sand
- Learn to keep my cool and not get mad at all the slight provocations
- get through my stash of yarn ... I have so much knitting to do!
- sew a dress
- tackle each of the recipes i've been saving up
I will probably be adding to this list ... but this is the start.