Contributors

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Paper Anniversary

So I just celebrated my Paper Anniversary. For those of you who don't know what that is, it means I just survived my first year of marriage [j/k E].

My anniversary started with us getting ready for our trip to Chi-town. Here are our paper anniversary gifts to each other [or so I thought].



The airplane was really tiny, but we managed to get to Chicago in one piece. After that, the surprises started. We grabbed a cab heading into Chicago. I wasn't sure where we were heading, but my jaw hit the ground when we pulled up to the Park Hyatt Chicago.

[pic from slashstyle.com]

This place is AMAZING! The lobby took my breathe away ... and then we got to the room.



pictures taken by me

There was a door in the back of the closet that opened to the bathroom ... so we could grab complimentary bathrobes direct from the closet without leaving the bathroom! We had a view of the famous Water Tower from the bed and the bathtub. I was completely floored that my usually un-romantic husband planned all this without me having any clue.

E then insisted that I get myself dolled up for dinner ... and not to worry about winter gear for where we were going. So I pulled out the special dress I bought for the occasion.

Dress: Evening Enchantment
Shawl: from my mom
Necklace & Earrings: Forever21
Shoes: Hush Puppies
Wristlet: Coach [gift from my father-in-law]

please excuse th overexposure ... E used the camera on his phone for the first time.

Then we headed out to NoMI ... omg, it is GORGEOUS!

[pics from foodandwine.com and bigcitybride.com]

They gave us a window seat so we could look out at the Water Tower and the lake. Very impressive. The restaurant was having a buffet style brunch special. The spread was amazing, with several different types of salads, butternut squash soup, creamed spinach, provisions, sushi bar, dessert bar ... and on top of that we got to order a brunch style entrĂ©e. E had crab cakes and I had eggs Benedict with lobster. There was also a sommelier on staff to help pick wines to compliment our meal. 

Dinner was amazing, and the only thing that was missing was the slice of wedding cake. 
Back-story: when we got married last year I ordered three cakes to put on display as our wedding cake: two gourmet cakes and the top layer was White Chocolate Truffle with Raspberry cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. 
So while we were sitting there at dinner I was lamenting that the Cheesecake Factory two blocks away was closed. Little did I know that E and his friends orchestrated a way to get me a slice of that very cake, and the waiter at NoMI brought it out for dessert! I was floored. And the menu from NoMI ended up being my paper anniversary present. 

This was the best Paper Anniversary ever!

1 comment:

  1. You are welcome I hope you need some wedding dress yeah? am suggest you contact here

    ReplyDelete