Contributors

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What I've learned so far ...

  • As much as I love Anthropologie, I've had a harder and harder time justifying clothing purchases from there. I know I can count on Anthro for accessories, but I've grown more critical about everything else there that could tempt me.
  • I still have a really hard time looking at basic pieces rather than eclectic pieces of clothing.
  • I'm over the disposable fashion of places like Forever21. 
  • I'm more of a brand whore than I thought. Not to say I go seeking out luxury brands. It's more like I've finally found stores/brands that speak to my fashion sense while still upholding quality. 
  • Shopping around exhausts me. I know that being in a recession has forced people to shop around for the best deals, but I can't really stand going to multiple stores to find the cheapest price.
  • The Internet has been my friend for bargain shopping.
  • The sales/clearance rack is my friend. If it's not on sale, it's not worth buying.
  • I wish I had discovered Dear Creatures sooner. The quality of the Camp Dress I got was completely unexpected and impressive, even if I look like a Brownie Scout.
  • Thinking about the possibility of knitting my own sweater(s) this Fall gets me really excited about creative possibilities.
  • I like shopping for my Hubby and baby sister more than I like shopping for me.
  • I'm starting to accept my body/figure more now that I'm married and get constant constructive criticism from someone who cares that I look good and feel good about myself. You have no idea how refreshing it is to have someone tell me I shouldn't be ashamed about the way I look.
and most importantly ...

  • I didn't know how much I was really going to miss my sibs. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about Shadman and Tisha, and what they are up to, and if they are being treated well, and when I'll get to curl up next to them and listen to them be teenagers, and wishing they were still small enough to carry one on each hip like I used to. I'm sure they get embarrassed by me, but I can't help loving them so much because they are the center of my universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment