Contributors

Friday, April 12, 2013

I wish I could keep you this small FOREVER!


It's completely unreal to me that 18 years has passed since I carried you around like a favorite doll. You have and always will be my most precious baby doll. I didn't think that there could have been any gift as awesome as becoming a big sister to Shadman ... but when you were born you proved me wrong. I loved you from first sight, and you have always been mine.

And you have always been loved. No one could deny you. No one could resist you. You were the happiest baby, and you could make just about the toughest person become a softy from the start.



When I look at what you were, and the person you have become now ... I can't find words to capture just how proud I am of you. I could never have expected the distance you would go from where you started. All I could think about was how small and precious you were. How much I wanted to protect you from everything bad in the world. How I never wanted you to know pain the way that I did growing up.

Because how could I ever let anything happen to someone so precious.


You have always been my best friend, my confidant, my strength, my hope. Age could never and will never change that.



So now that you are an adult, I leave you with this:

Stay safe.
Be happy.
Follow your dreams.
Never give up.
You are beautiful, don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise.
Be the trailblazer.
Listen to your gut.

And now that you have a permit, please don't crash any cars.






No comments:

Post a Comment