Contributors

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

30 for 30 Challenge

I came pretty close to completing this challenge, though I feel like it was more like 20 for 30 [that's me being generous]. I definitely learned some things from trying to do this challenge, and here are some of them:

  • I got unmotivated really fast. January has not been a friendly winter month. I spent almost everyday wearing the same two boots, and now both boots are in massive disrepair. I haven't looked at my pretty shoes in a really long time.
  • I can't remember the last time I went into Anthro, even if it was to try to get some inspiration from the store displays.
  • I was highly uninspired. You may even call it lazy. With only a select few things to wear I actually became more of a roll-out-of-bed type instead of artisitically inspired. I had one pile of clothes to dress from, so I never looked anywhere else for something to liven things up.
  • I own more black than I realized. This made every outfit pretty boring. I know I own a lot of eclectic things, but for this challenge I tried to go back to basics. I guess it proves that I'm more basic than I realized.
  • I love my Butter by Nadia dress, even though the hubby got tired of seeing the same black dress all the time. He asked me to go buy it in red to change things up.
  • At least I didn't go shopping at all for a month, and I didn't really miss it. 
  • Being unmotivated and uninspired resulted in me being too embarrassed to blog, even though I stuck to the challenge. I even broke my own plan and dressed according to the challenge on the weekends. Butter by Nadia .... goes a long way.
  • My wardrobe for the month fit in one load of laundry ... I don't know if that's a good thing.
  • Packing for weekend trips got a whole lot easier ... in some ways. I felt like I carried my challenge wardrobe with me all the time, but at least I didn't have to think about it.
  • I was really stingy about the items I picked. I never got around to picking 30 items. In fact, I could wear whatever I want for the remaining days and still fulfill this challenge. I think in total I picked 17 items to wear over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment